Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Showered with Love


This past weekend our friends and family gathered and threw a baby shower for myself and baby Dani. It's been 16 years since my last baby shower and it was wonderful and surreal at the same time. There are moments when I feel like all of this is "pretend" and that we are painting the room and buying all these cute, pink clothes just because. Having everyone gathered together in celebration of bringing our daughter home made it feel more real. It is difficult to put into words how appreciative Chris and I are for the outpouring of love, support and of course those great gifts. Adding a daughter to our family was something we wanted to do and to see our family and friends as excited as we are, truly touches our hearts. We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and hope you all know how much you mean to us.






I wanted to say a special thanks to my good friend Kim for planning and organizing the shower. She, like many of us has a crazy busy life and the fact that she took on yet another task in the midst of a wedding and flying out of town means so much to me. Thanks also to Renee for helping out and Arles for not only a beautiful cake, but delicious too! Thank you also to my Mom and Allison for bringing yummy food as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment