Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to our 1st Born Baby!

Today was a day filled with mixed emotions. It is our oldest son's 16th Birthday and I can hardly believe that he is actually 16 and can legally drive a car! When I reflect on the years leading up to this day, it seems like just yesterday he was a little boy running around with us, fishing with his Dad, graduating from elementary school and then on his way to middle school. Now, he is 6'2", a Sophomore in high school with a girlfriend and though he does not know this yet, has his own car! Where did the time go?

That brings me to the mixed emotions part. Admittedly, I have been obsessing over the blogs! I viewed a hundred blogs (ok, maybe not a hundred, but pretty darn close) trying to gauge how long other families have waited or been waiting for their travel notice and then applying those calculations to our situation. It feels like we have been waiting an eternity for that darn travel notice and if I have to wait one more day, I just might crawl out of my skin!

So, keeping in mind that our oldest son has gone from little boy to 16 year-old, young man in the blink of an eye, I have resolved myself (or at least am going to try) that the travel notice WILL come and that until it does, to enjoy the time I have with my boys, husband and family and STEP AWAY FROM THE BLOGS!

The next few days promise to be filled with activities as my brother is getting married on Friday, so we have family flying in from out of town, rehearsal dinner, the wedding and then a big party for Dustin and his best friend's 16th birthday. Hopefully, these will all keep me pre-occupied and next time you hear from me, it will be to announce that our travel notice has arrived . . .stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment