Monday, October 12, 2009

If I Could Talk, Here's What I'd Say

Today was a good day, actually no, it was a great day. I didn't obsess too much over our travel notice and only checked our adoption agency's website and the China "blogs" once today. Then I received an e-mail from Ann with Red Thread China, confirming that Dani and her foster family received our care package. I am hopeful that they are enjoying their moon cakes and showing Dani the photo album of her Mommy, Daddy, and brothers who are patiently (ok well not patiently) waiting for her. I hope that when the time does come that she recognizes us even a little bit and the whole experience is a little less scary for her. Then I received another e-mail from my Auntie Hazel in Honolulu titled "If I Could Talk, Here's What I'd Say". As I was reading this at work, I found myself yet again in tears, but they were happy tears and I am so blessed to have a woman like Auntie Hazel in my life. Though we rarely get to see her, she is, as Chris put it "an amazing woman". With her permission, I have posted her e-mail below . . . enjoy!

Dear Mommy...I know that you are just as anxious as I am to meet. I can hardly wait! I long for someone to really call me their own little girl, and when I found out that a very special family will allow me to be their daughter & sister, I was overjoyed. I will even have a set of grannys & grandpas too! How cool is that? I can hardly wait. In the meantime, I hope you and Daddy (am trying to get used to these loving words) will get a lot of rest, because when I arrive, I will need a lot of special care. It's not that I want to burden you, but there will be a big adjustment period for me seeing new people, hearing new voices & even getting accustomed to a beautifully decorated pink room. So if I turn out to be a little cry baby, please understand and bear with me. I will be so awed that I will not want to close my eyes for fear that it will all disappear! I am so looking forward to a new life and am so grateful to you, Mommy, and Daddy for giving someone like me a chance in a wonderful new world . I never thought anyone would want me with my defective lip, but even that will be corrected, all thanks to you. Will I ever be able to repay the love you are already sending to me? I CAN HARDLY WAIT! God is good. He sent you to me. I love you, I love you, I love you.
Your daughter Dani. Someone referred to me as a dumpling, and you
know what? I think I do look like a little Chinese dumpling.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete