Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is Really Happening!


This will be a short and sweet post as I still have a few things to do before we depart tomorrow, but it has finally hit me that this is really happening! In less than 12 hours we will wake up to depart for the airport, in less than 24 hours we will be on a plane to Beijing, China and in less than a week we get our daughter and will be a family of 5! Crazy! Needless to say, the excitement, anxiety, fear, happiness, etc. are rapidly building. Despite all of this, I want to make sure that I stay present in the moment. This is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I want to relax, take it all in and remember it all. I will have to conscientiously make an effort to “go with the flow”, as that is not who I am normally. Despite our happiness that this is finally happening after waiting over 2 ½ years, I am very sad to leave the boys. I know they will be in good hands, but we have never been away from them for more than a couple of days, let alone on the other side of the world.

I have heard that Blogger is blocked in China (so is Facebook) so I will e-mail my posts and pictures to Dustin who will then upload them to the Blog. There may be a day or two lag because of this and after we get Dani, I anticipate not havening a lot of free time to devote to blogging, but I will do my best. Thank you to everyone for your love, support and kind words. They mean so much to both Chris and I and we are forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment